Re: fmf-frequently missed features and some general thoughts...

Le ven 01/08/2003 à 17:53, Tim Kossack a écrit :
> 3. red hat's (legal) position regarding shipping xmms without the
> mp3-plug is understandable,

Mandrake license :
http://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/Mandrake/9.1/i586/LICENSE.txt
Warning: Free Software may not necessarily be patent free, and some Free
Software included may be covered by patents in your country. For example, the
MP3 decoders included may require a licence for further usage (see
http://www.mp3licensing.com for more details). If you are unsure if a patent
may be applicable to you, check your local laws.

Keep in mind that Mandrake is a French company and patent software don't
apply in France.

> 4. rh9.x should ship with flash-, java- and whatever plug-in already
> installed in browsers

Check the license of RHL :
http://ftp.rhnet.is/pub/redhat/linux/9/en/os/i386/EULA

It's free OS. With java and/or flash we loose this GREAT benefit.
To gain this benefit we (and you) need to make some efforts (download
java, flash...).

> especially to prevent companies like lindows

Is Lindows a free OS ? Where can i download it ?

> again, those comments are being made from an ordinary users perspective,
> and are meant in a constructive manner!

OK.

--
Féliciano Matias <feliciano.matias@xxxxxxx>