Re: [patch] ext2: xip check fix

Nick Piggin wrote:
OK, thanks for taking a look at that. It will be helpful for testing
XIP with my new ramdisk driver (did you see the patch?).
I have'nt looked at it yet. I do appreciate it, I think it might broaden the user-base of this feature which is up to now s390 only due to the fact that the flash memory extensions have not been implemented (yet?). And it enables testing xip on other platforms. The patch is on my must-read list.

Actually another one's recently sprung up too (arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c)
but it looks like that one should be fine as it looks to be all simply memory
mapped.
Oh I know, the author's office is aproximately 500 meters away from mine, next building. I have'nt heared of anyone actually using that one lately.

cheers,
Carsten