Re: [patch 0/2] x86, ptrace: support for branch trace store(BTS)

* Andi Kleen <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ingo Molnar <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > * Andi Kleen <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Just don't wait for that. utrace doesn't seem to have any concrete
> >> plans to merge any time soon AFAIK[1] and it would be a shame to delay
> >> an useful feature forever.
> >>
> >> [1] At least the patches have not reached any mailing lists
> >
> > FYI, as far as arch/x86 goes, the merging of Roland's utrace
> > preparatory patches is well underway in x86.git, and the merge went
> > pretty well so far, with robust results. It's 49 patches so far:
>
> I see. They are planning to just skip the public review stage?
> Clever.

Andi, is this some kind of "destroy your years of kernel hacking
credibility within a few days" contest that you are participating in??
What you are doing is getting really silly.

All ptrace cleanup patches from Roland were posted by him to lkml, and
we picked them up from there. Review is ongoing, Roland replied to all
feedback with more patches, and those were integrated as well. Final
upstream merging of this depends on more review and test results (as
usual), but it's looking good so far.

	Ingo