Re: [feature] automatically detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:29:56 +0100
> * Andi Kleen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > feedback about an impending catastrophy has been duly noted
> >
> > The point was less about an impending catastrophe, but more of a
> > timebomb ticking until the next widely used release.

I think I know why Andi is so much against backtraces: he has some log
filter listening on netconsole mailing him with suspicious log messages.

Apparently, that log filter is much too stupid to discern an
OOPS or OOM from softlockup and other informative backtraces even when
given a clear hint what it is.

Or maybe he's just underestimating user's ability to read. ;)