Re: heartbeat for leds on i2c bus

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:35:57 +0100, Rodolfo Giometti <[email protected]> wrote:
> If I try to use the heartbeat trigger I hang the system... I suppose
> it is due the fact the led_set_brightness() function is called inside
> a kernel timer.
>
> How I can solve this problem? I thought to modify the trigger adding a
> kernel thread who manage the led which in turn is controlled by the
> kernel timer. It could be the right solution?

Yes, the heartbeat trigger driver assumes brightness_set() routine can
be called from timer.  Other led-triggers also have this assumption.

So I'd suggest using workqueue for your led driver, as like as the
leds-gpio driver.  Or you can just use the leds-gpio driver and
implement the gpio interface (gpio_set_value_cansleep) instead of the
led interface.

---
Atsushi Nemoto