Re: perfmon2 merge news

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 02:48:45AM +0100, Patrick DEMICHEL wrote:
> Thanks Greg,
>
>    but for external people it seems there is lot of people with opposite
> opinions, for sure some are valid and they can be focused on different
> things. But for example this critical topic seems quite not under control.
> And we don't like that.
>    At least not under the control of Stephane, whatever the efforts if could
> generate, we have the feeling we will never have something serious to us.
>    Also I never see a clear statement after long exchanges on what is the
> accepted final common view of some topic like that
>    Maybe there is never definitive position, but a resume could be
> interesting to make some reference point
>
>    What I would like to see is:

<snip>

Heh, no, code is our currency here, it's the center of everything that
we do and work with.  Agreements, deadlines and plans are just not
relevant at all here, sorry.

So again, post the code, in reviewable patches, and then let's talk.  A
number of developers have expressed a concrete interest in getting this
kind of feature into the kernel tree, so show us the code so that we can
move forward.

thanks,

greg k-h