Re: 2.6.23.1-rt5 (was 2.6.23-rt1 trouble)

>> Steven Rostedt wrote:
>>> When things start to freeze, could you capture the output of a sysrq-t.

Hi ,

I have also the same problem on my SMP box[1] ( i686 ), random hard freeze I can just hard reset the box.

I'm not able to capture any output :/ keyboard does not work , netconsole does not have any output when freeze occurs,
nor I have any 'BUG:' , 'Oops:' or the like messages in any logs.
The only thing I noticed is :

Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 4686944957 ns)
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^ <-- may be some sort data corruption :/

as latest kernel message before most freeze.

Booting with different clocksource does not make any difference.

I do not use nvidia , in fact I don't use any external kernel module on that box.

Anyway it seems to work fine on non-SMP also my laptops does not have that problem with the same kernel.

If needed I can post the config but I tested a lot different configs with the same result.

Is there any rt-git tree I can test ?

Regards,

Gabriel

[1] http://194.231.229.228/lara/lara.html