Re: 2.6.23-rt4 (was 2.6.23-rt1 trouble)

Steven Rostedt wrote:
> --

>>> I was wrong. After several trials the same behavior also occurs on the
>>> Core2 Duo T7200. It just took longer to show its nasty.

> When things start to freeze, could you capture the output of a sysrq-t.

yes, you can find a complete serial console capture here, where it holds
the final SysRq-T output:
  http://www.rncbc.org/datahub/console-2.6.23.1-rt4.1-1.log

the corresponding .config is also there:
  http://www.rncbc.org/datahub/config-2.6.23.1-rt4.1

the reason this is a new kernel build, following a shot in the dark from
nick mainsbridge, which let out the ntfs module build (CONFIG_NTFS_FS is
not set) suggesting that would mitigate similar freezes.

in deed the general feel is that it seems to run longer and less prone
to those incidents, but that is just a gut feeling, nothing more.

hope this be any useful.

>>> False. It used to run fine, until the creeps happen first time :(

>>> Now it applies to all 2.6.23-rt1 images I could test upon.

>>> Not be sure anymore, but this seems to be still a valid assumption.
>>>
>> just to let you know that still the same trouble persists with 2.6.23.1-rt4
>>
>> .config can be found here:
>>    http://www.rncbc.org/datahub/config-2.6.23.1-rt4.0
>>

> I have a P4HT laptop (unfortunately with no serial). I use it as one of my
> main machines, so it will suck for me when it freezes ;-). I'll take your
> config and try it out.
>
> I'll most likely do this on Monday since process Wife has the highest
> priority over the weekend ;-)

that is also true here :)

otoh, as reported before, the freezes are not exclusive to P4HT, which
is the main box I'm been reporting here (the one which has a good old
serial port anyway), but also applies to my other laptop, an core2 duo
t7200.

bye
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela