Re: 2.6.23.1-rt5 (was 2.6.23-rt1 trouble)

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> Steven Rostedt wrote:
>>
>> When things start to freeze, could you capture the output of a sysrq-t.
>>

> yes, you can find a complete serial console capture here, where it holds
> the final SysRq-T output:
>   http://www.rncbc.org/datahub/console-2.6.23.1-rt4.1-1.log
>
> the corresponding .config is also there:
>   http://www.rncbc.org/datahub/config-2.6.23.1-rt4.1
>
> the reason this is a new kernel build, following a shot in the dark from
> nick mainsbridge, which let out the ntfs module build (CONFIG_NTFS_FS is
> not set) suggesting that would mitigate similar freezes.
>
> in deed the general feel is that it seems to run longer and less prone
> to those incidents, but that is just a gut feeling, nothing more.
>
> hope this be any useful.
>
>> I have a P4HT laptop (unfortunately with no serial). I use it as one of my
>> main machines, so it will suck for me when it freezes ;-). I'll take your
>> config and try it out.
>>
>> I'll most likely do this on Monday since process Wife has the highest
>> priority over the weekend ;-)
>>

> that is also true here :)
>
> otoh, as reported before, the freezes are not exclusive to P4HT, which
> is the main box I'm been reporting here (the one which has a good old
> serial port anyway), but also applies to my other laptop, an core2 duo
> t7200.

still in trouble with 2.6.23.1-rt5 :(

.config:
  http://www.rncbc.org/datahub/config-2.6.23.1-rt5.0

serial console capture:
  http://www.rncbc.org/datahub/console-2.6.23.1-rt5.0-1.log

one thing about SysRq-T: while in the middle of a freeze it just doesn't
dump anything, just the 'SysRq : Show State' line. you can see that
several times on the console output above.

only when it is somewhat recovering, as said, by making some last resort
measures like SysRq-E as in 'SysRq: terminate All Tasks' for instance,
then SysRq-T will dump something. my guess is that this later dump will
be moot :/

back to production with 2.6.22.1-rt9 ;)
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela