Re: [patch] scsi: fix crash in gdth_timeout()

On Mon, Oct 15 2007 at 19:57 +0200, Jeff Garzik <[email protected]> wrote:
> Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>>> A further problem is probably that the GDTH timer is not stopped by a
>>> failed GDTH probe?
>> Indeed. Maybe this is a better fix?
>>
>> That driver is pretty messy, and this should have been found ealier.
>> James? Boaz?
>
> FWIW, the gdth driver was "super-messy".  With this latest SCSI pull,
> that severity has been successfully downgraded to "messy" :)
>
> IMO some easy-to-fix breakage was inevitable with such a large volume of
> fundamental changes.
>
> Honestly, the driver is probably rarely run by people that lack the
> hardware, I bet...
>
> 	Jeff

It was all "flight by instruments only". I called for HW testers and none
came forward. All these changes, apart from "successful downgrade to messy"
where also needed in order to push important changes to scsi.

But a little bird said that QEMU might simulate this HW. SO I guess it is
QEMU time for me.

Boaz