Re: That whole "Linux stealing our code" thing

Suppose you saw some other variant of *nix that had some code you wanted to use, but there was a gaping security hole in it. Wouldn't you patch it before you incorporated it? and would it be your fault if this fix made the code not work with the original?

We took the code and fixed a gaping security vulnerability that appeared within the opening comment. We DO care who does what with our code, and we fully intend to cover our balls.

The problem is yours to fix. If you actually care, use a license that SAYS you care. Right now there's a big /* I don't give a shit */ on top of every BSD file. We took you at your word and assumed you didn't. Now its too late and you suddenly care, don't you?