Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 01:03 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > although I would worry about their members only being the ones voting on
> > the TAB for no other reason than the bias toward one distro only at this
> > point in time.
>
> Given the complaint was about the question of correct selection of voters
> replacing the somewhat flawed kernel summit attendee test with a
> completely bogus SPI membership one seems silly.

I'll note in passing that SPI and/or individual members of the SPI board
have been willing to run voting machinery for other organizations at
various times in the past, without requiring that the process involve
having the electorate become SPI contributing members.  If the TAB would
like SPI to consider running a vote, we can certainly explore
alternatives.

The notion of explicitly inviting KS attendees and other kernel
contributors to join SPI as contributing members is an interesting one I
hadn't thought of.  I at least would welcome the additional breadth of
perspective such new members might bring to SPI.  SPI has become "much
more than Debian" in the last couple years, but I suspect we're still
light on kernel contributors as contributing members.

	http://www.spi-inc.org/about-spi/membership

Bdale