Re: request for patches: showing mount options

> On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 17:16 -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
> > Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> > > It would be nice to have all this stuff in 2.6.24, which doesn't leave
> > > a lot of time.
> >
> > Yes, that would be nice, but there's a lot of stuff that needs to get
> > done before this.  NFS IPv6, for example, is a higher priority than
> > refactoring to remove /etc/mtab -- the US government has a new
> > requirement in 2008 for IPv6 support in any software that it purchases,
> > and NFS may be a stumbling block for distributors if it doesn't have it.
> >
> > So I'd say "no way" for 2.6.24, but it's really Trond's call to make.
>
> I never like to tell people what their priorities should be. If someone
> is interested enough to do the work, then it will get done, however this
> cannot make the top of my already-overloaded list of priorities for
> 2.6.24, and it would appear that Chuck is busy too.
>
> Any other volunteers out there?

I'm willing to help out.

I could have basically fixed up all filesystems, but I think it's
better if the maintainers do it and are aware that this needs to be
looked at each time a new option is added.

But there's no problem with making exceptions if the maintainers are
busy.

Miklos