Re: request for patches: showing mount options

> >> After a successful mount, the NFS mount command tucks some options into
> >> /etc/mtab that reflect which mountd was used for the mount, and what
> >> protocol version and port was used for the mount request.  Those options
> >> are not passed to the kernel, and do not appear in /proc/mounts today.
> >> See nfs(5)'s discussion of the mountport, mounthost, mountprog, and
> >> mountvers options.
> >>
> >> However, the trend for NFS is to push mount option parsing into the
> >> kernel.  Thus all options will be passed to the kernel, and at that
> >> point it should be able to reflect the mount* options in /proc/mounts.
> >> But it doesn't do that quite yet.
> >
> > Trond, do you have a roadmap for this?
>
> Well I'm actually doing the coding, and Trond is playing more of an
> architectural role.

OK, what your estimage for this then?

It would be nice to have all this stuff in 2.6.24, which doesn't leave
a lot of time.

But if it's just those four options you mentioned, it should be
managable.  I do not think there needs to be some generic code to
hande userspace-only options, it would be perfectly fine just to
parse, store and show them like all the other options.

Miklos