Re: [ck] Re: Linus 2.6.23-rc1

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 10:25:42PM +0200, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> Absolutely.
>
> Con quit for his own reasons.  Given that Con himself has said that CFS
> was _not_ why he quite, please discard this... bait.  Anyone who's name
> isn't Con Kolivas, who pretends to speak for him is at the very least
> overstepping his bounds, and that is being _very_ generous.

I know Con personally and I completely identify with his circumstance. This
is precisely why he quit the project because of a generally perceived
ignorance and disconnect from end users. Since you side with Ingo on many
issues politically, this response from you is no surprise.

Again, the choices that have been currently made with CFS basically locks
him out of development. If you don't understand that, then you don't
understand the technical issues he's struggled to pursue. He has a large
following which is why this has been a repeated and issue between end users
of his tree and a number of current Linux kernel developers.

bill