Re: [ck] Re: Linus 2.6.23-rc1

El Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:00:39 -0700, Bill Huey (hui) <[email protected]> escribió:

> The scheduler could have and still can undertake good solid transformation,
> but getting folks to listen is another story which is why Con quit. CFS
> basically locks him and his ideas out, not just from a technical stand

This is just wrong: AFAIK nobody is stopping Con or any other people from
continuing developing SD or any other scheduler, and CFS certainly is subject
to criticism. The idea that Linux can't use other innovative ideas in the scheduler
is only in your mind.

> This time it was Con being the Mindcraft catalyst. But he's on *our* side
> and he got beat down by the Linux kernel community. That's the tragedy here.
> He was beaten down by the very people he was trying to help out and
> support. It should have been handled better.

Get real: I don't the linux development has always been "friendly". The idea
of a "GNU-hippie community" where everybody is good and helps others and
shares their pots is what the Sun bloggers seem to think that opensolaris
should resemble, but it doesn't matches the real world.