Re: [ck] Re: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23

On 7/25/07, Paul Jackson <[email protected]> wrote:
Question:
  Could those who have found this prefetch helps them alot say how
  many disks they have?  In particular, is their swap on the same
  disk spindle as their root and user files?

I have found that swap prefetch helped on all of the four machines
machine I have, although the effect is more noticeable on machines
with slower disks. They all have one hard disk, and root and swap were
always on the same disk. I have no idea how to determine how many disk
spindles they have, but since the drives are mainly low-end consumer
models sold with low-end sub $500 PCs...

--
Michael Chang

Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. Send me ODT,
RTF, or HTML instead.
Thank you.