[Fwd: Re: libata and legacy ide pcmcia failure]

Oops had done a reply instead of a reply to all...

--- Begin Message ---
Albert Lee wrote:
The patch just workarounds the "lost irq" problem by polling; not real
fix. We still need to find out why irq is lost per Mark's comment:

"This proves that the device does work correctly in most respects
except for interrupt delivery.  The status bits are working and
it can be probed for, configured, and used."

"So, next step might be to try and understand the interrupt mis-delivery
problem some more.   I've lost the history of the original issue,
but we now know that everything except the actual interrupt seems good."

I am not familiar with the PCMCIA interrupt delivery. It seems the
"Dazzle 4in1 Card Adapter" works under windows but somehow lost irq
under both IDE and libata. Maybe Alan/Bart or the PCMCIA developers
know better...
--
albert

I see. So this is not the ideal fix for this problem. Anything else I can do to debug the irq lost issue? perhaps add some debug to the pcmcia code?

For what its worth, I compiled a clean 2.6.22-rc5 with just the pio_polling patch added, and that allows me to mount the device without any errors in syslog. So the disable-dev_init_param-and-setxfermode-for-CFA.patch is not needed.

--- End Message ---