On Jun 21, 2007, [email protected] wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> If it's input-only, then you can't possibly harm the operation of the
>> network by only listening in, can you?

> Ok, so you consider any anti-piracy measures to be something that
> GPLv3 should prohibit.

In general, I object to the use of my code in ways that don't permit
users to run it for any purpose, study it, adapt it to suit their own
needs, modify the code and distribute it, modified or not.

If this means my code can't be used to implement DRM, that's a good
thing.

All anti-piracy measures I've ever known deprive users of legitimate
rights too.  So, yes, I don't agree with these measures.

I believe in punishing the guilty, not in punishing innocent
bystanders just such that the guilty have to find work arounds to
become guilty.