On Jun 17, 2007, Linus Torvalds <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>> /me hands Linus a mirror

> "I'm a damn handsome dude, ain't I?"

Heh.  I beg to differ ;-)

>> Serious, what's so hard to understand about:

> You're talking about something totally different.

No, I'm not.  You can say tivoization is *good* however much you like.
This doesn't dispute in any way my claim that no tivoization would be
*better*, that you'd get contributions from the people that, because
of tivoization, don't feel compelled to develop and contribute,
because they can't use the fruits of their efforts in the device where
they would be most useful for them.

> 	What Tivo did is *good* in my opinion!

> Can't you get that through your skull?

No.  I disagree.  We can agree to disagree on that.

> They gave the software back! Be happy! They *followed* the rules. They
> *followed* the tit-for-tat.

But they removed incentive for far more users to do so.  So you get
fewer contributions than you could without tivoization.

"Can't you get that through your skull?" :-)