Re: limits on raid

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 02:56:10PM -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> yes, I'm useing promise drive shelves, I have them configured to export
> the 15 drives as 15 LUNs on a single ID.
>
> I'm going to be useing this as a huge circular buffer that will just be
> overwritten eventually 99% of the time, but once in a while I will need to

I would guess that if you ran 15 drives per channel on 3 different
channels, you would resync in 1/3 the time.  Well unless you end up
saturating the PCI bus instead.

hardware raid of course has an advantage there in that it doesn't have
to go across the bus to do the work (although if you put 45 drives on
one scsi channel on hardware raid, it will still be limited).

--
Len Sorensen