On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:20:39PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jun 18, 2007, Greg KH <[email protected]> wrote:
> > From the very _beginning_ of the v3 process the kernel developers
> > have showed their objection to that section of the license, and we
> > were told, to our face, with no uncertian terms, that it was going
> > to stay, in one form or another, no matter what we thought or said
> > about it.
>
> This sounds about right.
>
> > So, why would we want to waste our time filling out web forms after
> > that?
>
> If you're adamantly favorable to permitting any form of Tivoization
> whatsoever, don't bother.

For the record, I completely feel that what Tivo did was both legally
correct[1], and the correct thing to do for their system, and would
fight _very_ hard any attempt to change the Linux kernel's license that
would prevent this usage model.

So I will not bother anymore.

greg k-h

[1] The FSF lawyers also agree with this.