RE: kexec and aacraid broken

Vivek Goyal [mailto:[email protected]] writes:
> So most likely if we start disabling the interrupts
> in .shutdown routine we might skip resetting adapter
> on every kexec without any side affects?

Not that simple. The .shutdown would need to perform more resource
cleanups of the .remove call to prevent side effects. I need to move
some of the .remove activity into the .shutdown handler to make sure the
adapter is quiesced.

I will hold off on submitting any of these changes until they are
evaluated and tested; I am waiting for feedback from Yinghai on the
other mitigations that I feel are closer to the root cause.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn