Re: PCIE

 > >> Another question would be if the device supports multiple messages, MSIX
 > >> should be used ?
 > >
 > > Yes. Assuming the device supports multiple MSI-X messages.

At least on my device (PCI ID 1131:7162) there is no MSI-X capability,
so that's not an option for you.  The current Linux implementation
does not support more than one MSI interrupt, so you just get one
interrupt with pci_enable_msi().

I think it's probably simplest for you to forget about MSI until you
have the basic driver working.

 > Ok. Alongwith this, i am a bit confused with the mailbox approach of
 > sending messages, every register type has it's own set of interrupt
 > registers (for example I2C, say I2C has it's own set of 32 STATUS
 > bitfields for it's interrupt, the same goes for the others)
 >
 > Another aspect is the DTL-MMIO interface, which isn't defined any place.
 > Using the base addresses as an offset to the normal MMIO obtained using
 > pci_resource_*/ioremap() doesn't seem to work at all.

 > [etc....]

All this is device-specific stuff ... not sure how much anyone can
help you if you can't share the docs.

 - R.