Re: RFC: kconfig select warnings bogus?

Satyam Sharma wrote:
> You'll learn about the "default .. if .." Kconfig idiom after you try
> this,

I have seen these in the rest of the patch which I didn't quote.

However you fix it --- don't remove "depends on" or "select".  You can
interchange them, but not remove them, unless there wasn't a dependency
to begin with.

Games with default values will break the next time a genius patch
submitter comes around with his ideas how people configure kernels.

PS:  I still believe that the saner approach would be to carry only the
dependencies, prompt texts and help texts in Kconfig files, maybe
amended by new machine-readable markers regarding the role of an option.
The presentation and ways to select and deselect should be entirely left
to UIs.
--
Stefan Richter