Re: IPv6: 6to4 tunnel randomly cutting out on 2.6.8.1 - any patches?

Pekka Pietikainen wrote:
If you feel like spending lots of time, you could try to shoehorn net/*
from the latest rhel4/centos4 kernel (2.6.9-based) into your router, someone
might have spent the effort fixing the relevant bugs in that tree (but maybe
not, until the 4.5 kernel it used to spew Badness in dst_release at
include/net/dst.h:149 every few seconds if your box was on a ipv6 network :D
)

I could do that, but shoehorning 2.6.9 code into 2.6.8.1 doesn't sound like much fun, especially transplanting the whole networking stack...

What I have found are all the IPv6-related patches from 2.6.8.1 to 2.6.9 (there aren't that many) so I might have a go at patching the kernel with them.

Personally, I'd get a new router without binary blobs, value of time spent
doing the shoehorning > price of new router, I'm sure, but you may value
your free time differently :)

I've got five weeks off to do with as I please. I need something to do, otherwise I'm going to go mad :)

I do know sixxs ipv6 tunnels are rock solid with openwrt (2.4-based) ;)

Hmm, I've got a source pack for a version of the DG834GT firmware that was based on an older kernel (2.4.17) - is IPv6 in 2.4.17 generally considered to be quite stable?

If it is, I'll have a go at shoehorning my RC scripts onto the older firmware and maybe try and transplant the ADSL line controller firmware too...

Thanks.
--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
[email protected]        | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain