Re: IPv6: 6to4 tunnel randomly cutting out on 2.6.8.1 - any patches?

David Miller wrote:
I'm currently trying to set IPv6 up on a Linux-based router. The aforementioned router runs kernel 2.6.8.1, and just about all the hardware driver modules are binary modules. For the record, I'd love to upgrade the router to one of the newer kernels, but AIUI I can't do it because I don't have the source to the bmods. But anyway...

Then don't come here looking for support, because we can't
help you.

All I said was "I can't upgrade the kernel". There's nothing stopping me patching it, as long as nothing happens to the Ethernet and ATM driver interface side of things - this is all protocol-layer stuff and should be well away from the EDI. I can't honestly see why/how fixing a bug in IPv6 would completely invalidate the way the Ethernet/ATM drivers interface with the kernel.

All I wanted to know is if if there WAS a known IPv6 routing issue in this kernel, and then fix the kernel I've got. That would leave me with a variant of the kernel in itself.

I'm not claiming to have found an Oops, nor am I providing an Oops log from a tainted kernel. All I'm trying to do is find out WHY this doesn't work, IF it's a known issue, and HOW to fix it myself.

Thanks.
--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
[email protected]        | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain