Re: IPv6: 6to4 tunnel randomly cutting out on 2.6.8.1 - any patches?

On May 17 2007 22:46, Philip Pemberton wrote:
>> >   I'm currently trying to set IPv6 up on a Linux-based router. The
>> > aforementioned router runs kernel 2.6.8.1, and just about all the
>> > hardware driver modules are binary modules. For the record, I'd love
>> > to upgrade the router to one of the newer kernels, but AIUI I can't do
>> > it because I don't have the source to the bmods. But anyway...
>>
>> Then don't come here looking for support, because we can't
>> help you.
>
> All I said was "I can't upgrade the kernel". There's nothing stopping me
> patching it, as long as nothing happens to the Ethernet and ATM driver
> interface side of things - this is all protocol-layer stuff and should be well
> away from the EDI.

How can you tell? The binary blobs may have a glitch, flaw, bug, that
makes them write more-or-less random values to random memory locations,
thereby inadvertently killing the functionality of other modules (such
as the ipv6 tunnel).

If the bug happens without the blobs, _then_ one may start figuring out
what (non-binary) modules may cause interaction problems with the ipv6
tunnel (or if it's the tunnel module itself).

	Jan