Re: [REPORT] cfs-v4 vs sd-0.44

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Jan Engelhardt <[email protected]> wrote:

i've attached it below in a standalone form, feel free to put it into SD! :)
Assume X went crazy (lacking any statistics, I make the unproven statement that this happens more often than kthreads going berserk), then having it niced with minus something is not too nice.

i've not experienced a 'runaway X' personally, at most it would crash or lock up ;) The value is boot-time and sysctl configurable as well back to 0.

Mmmm.. I've had to kill off the odd X that was locking in 100% CPU usage.
In the past, this has happened maybe 1-3 times a year or so on my notebook.

Now mind you, that usage could have been due to some client process,
but X is where the 100% showed up, so X is what I nuked.

Cheers