Re: ZFS with Linux: An Open Plea

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 04:20:41PM +0200, Tomasz K?oczko wrote:
ZFS on Solaris provides for many workloads better speed than any Linux
technology on the same hardware but ZFS ond FUSE in current form provides
lower speed than now avalaible Linux technologies.

Numbers, please.  So far in all interesting benchmarks it actually
was slower.  But when they're faster than XFS somewhere I'd defintly
be interesting in looking at why this is true and if possible and
important enough fix it.

Google still is working but .. (from my bookmarks):

http://cmynhier.blogspot.com/2006/05/zfs-io-reordering-benchmark.html
http://cmynhier.blogspot.com/2006/05/zfs-benchmarking.html

also some other interestig numbers can be founnd on:
http://milek.blogspot.com/2006/08/hw-raid-vs-zfs-software-raid-part-ii.html

Probably more can be find on looking for zfs+benchmark on http://blogs.sun.com/

IMO real power ZFS shows on growing number if phisical devices so don't look so close on this kind of documents because usualy it was prepared on limited number of devices.

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: [email protected]*