ZFS with Linux: An Open Plea

Before I go on, let me appologise. I don't really know what I hope to accomplish, beyond trying to garner thoughts (and support?) for the topic.

Essentially: I want to use Linux and ZFS. I don't particularly care about licences or any of the rest of that nonsense. The code is there; it merely needs to be made to work with Linux. Done and done -- provided I can find some one to do this for me (I'd do it myself, but I haven't the foggiest notion how to go about such a feat).

By the way, forget about this FUSE business. I don't know why they're bothering: It's not real, it's slow and, in general, silly.

What are the thoughts of the Linux community?

I appologise right now for my intrusion. I am a Linux-nobody; I freely admit it. I haven't even subscribed to this list (so do CC me) because I don't want to be over-whelmed with the list's glorious posts. But, part of Linux is it's being a community. If a member of this community (that is, a user of Linux) can't ask the others their thoughts and opinions, then the community has failed in a large respect. Take this letter as you will.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.