Re: ZFS with Linux: An Open Plea

On Friday April 13, [email protected] wrote:
> Before I go on, let me appologise. I don't really know what I hope to
> accomplish, beyond trying to garner thoughts (and support?) for the topic.
>
> Essentially: I want to use Linux and ZFS. I don't particularly care about
> licences

You may not care about licenses, but a lot of people do.  And they are
a real issue.

But I'm more interested in what you really want.
What, specifically, is there in ZFS that you want to use in Linux?
There is lots of interesting stuff in there, but which bit has caught
your attention?  It is possible that that functionality can be
incorporated into Linux without trying to clone or copy ZFS.

NeilBrown