Re: init's children list is long and slows reaping children.

Davide Libenzi wrote:
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Kyle Moffett wrote:
Maybe "struct posix_process" is more descriptive?  "struct process_posix"?
"Ugly POSIX process semantics data" seems simple enough to stick in a struct
name.  "struct uglyposix_process"?
Guys, you didn't read my message.

It's *not* about "process" stuff. Anything that tries to call it a "process" is *by*definition* worse than what it is now. Processes have all the things that we've cleanly separated out for filesystem, VM, SysV semaphore state, namespaces etc.

The "struct signal_struct" is the random *leftovers* from all the other stuff. It's *not* about "processes". Never has been, and never will be.

I proposed "struct task_shared_ctx" but you ducked :)

Descriptive, correct, I like it!

--
Bill Davidsen <[email protected]>