RE: Remn Yan <[email protected]> ha scritto:

From: Luca Tettamanti <[email protected]>
To: Yan Burman <[email protected]>
CC: [email protected]
Subject: Remn Yan <[email protected]> ha scritto:
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:58:40 +0200

Burman Yan <[email protected]> ha scritto:
> I would like to hear your remarks on this version.

A couple of small issues:

> +/* Sysfs stuff */
> +static ssize_t mdps_position_show(struct device *dev,
> + struct device_attribute *attr, char *buf)
> +{
> +	int x, y;
> +	mdps_get_xy(mdps.device->handle, &x, &y);
> +	return sprintf(buf, "(%d, %d)\n", x, y);
> +}

hdaps doesn't have the space between the numbers.

Point taken and fixed. I missed that. I looked at calibrate and saw that there are no spaces :)

> +static ssize_t mdps_position3d_show(struct device *dev,
> + struct device_attribute *attr, char *buf)
> +{
[...]
> +	return sprintf(buf, "(%d, %d, %d)\n", x, y, z);
> +}

I'd also remove the space here for consistency.
Also sysfs should carry "unformatted" data, I would use:

sprintf(buf, "%d %d %d\n", x, y, z);

Removed the spaces, but the brackets are there for consistency with the 2d version and hdaps.

Maybe we should take a moment to think about an interface for both hdaps
and this one.

> +static ssize_t mdps_calibrate_store(struct device *dev,
> + struct device_attribute *attr, const char *buf, size_t count)
> +{
> +	mdps_calibrate_mouse();
> +	return count;
> +}

No locking here?

I don't want to lock it here, since the mouse polling kthread is heavy as it is.
I'd rather report a wrong value of mouse position while recalibrating.
The way I see it, if you're recalibrating your mouse, chances are you're not playing at the same precise millisecond. In my opinion it's worth more battery life.

> +static ssize_t mdps_rate_show(struct device *dev,
> +                              struct device_attribute *attr, char *buf)
> +{
[...]
> +	return sprintf(buf, "sampling rate:\t%dHz\n", rate);
> +}

Raw value, i.e. sprintf(buf, "%d\n", rate).

Point taken and fixed.

I also found that I missed a comment in Kconfig after switching from proc to sysfs, but
I'll post the corrected version after I have more fixes to it.

Thanks for noticing.

Yan