Re: bogofilter ate 3/5

Chase Venters <[email protected]> writes:

> You can check the From: or envelope sender against the subscriber
> database. Forgery isn't a concern because we're not trying to stop
> forgery with this method.

That's the first problem.

> The perl script behaves as an optional autoresponder. Autoresponders
> would respond to spam as well (well, unless you put a spam filter in
> front of them, but I assume that many don't).

Yep. Sending their "responses" to innocent people, instead of spam
senders. That's what many "antivirus" do.

> Also note that a number of people (myself included, at work anyway)
> have perl scripts that respond to all incoming mail and require a
> reply cookie from original envelope senders. We do it because it
> almost entirely prevents spam from arriving in our inboxes

Sure. Don't you think is also prevents a lot of legitimate mail?
Hope that all addresses you send mail to are automatically added
to a white list? (I'm especially annoyed with people asking me for
something, and then my answer bounces with "click somewhere"
response).
--
Krzysztof Halasa