Re: Touchpad problems with latest kernels

On 8/14/06, Gene Heskett <[email protected]> wrote:

>serioX is the name of serio port your touchpad is connected to
>(serio0, serio1, etc) You will have to look which port is bound to
>psmouse driver.

What if there appear to be two functional mice running the same curser?
One being the M$ accessory mouse, the other the touchpad.  So I would have
a serio0 and a serio1.  How do I determine which to feed those commands
to?  Is the device identified in those info trees?

It depends... One serio is your keyboard port, another one is aux
(mouse). The external mouse - is it also PS/2 or is is USB? If it is
USB then it won't be listed under serio bus but rather in USB bus...
Look at /sys/bus/serio/devices/serioX/inputX/name attribute in sysfs -
it should give you a clue what device is connjected to a serio port.

--
Dmitry