Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion

Adrian Bunk wrote:

>[1] the conclusion itself might or might not be true
>    e.g. there _could_ be an 1:5 ratio between reiser4 and ext3 users
>    but your data is not in any way able to support or reject this
>    statement

It does however suggest that my surprise at how people at the last
Linux Conference I went to all seemed to know that there exists a
Reiser4 may be due to it being more widely used than I would have
guessed.  Maybe there is some coolness factor to having the faster FS
that you can't get from any Distro that is enough to overcome the hassle
of compiling reiser4progs and a kernel before inserting the DVD.  I
would not have guessed we had 1/5th of ext3's usage even among lkml
readers.....  I guess the market contains more people who like
technology than I was guessing.  Maybe there is a positive word of mouth
effect going on too.

It would be nice if SuSE and others at least made it an unsupported
option at install time.  I shall have to find the time to go asking them
all.....

Hans