Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: uswsusp history lesson

On Sunday 09 July 2006 23:46, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> On Monday 10 July 2006 07:36, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > On Sunday 09 July 2006 23:06, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> > ]-- snip --[

(1)

> > > If Suspend2 added code in a way that broke swsusp, I would agree. But it
> > > doesn't.
> >
> > This is not a matter of any breakage or lack thereof.  The problem is that
> > the freezer is _not_ _an_ _swsusp-only_ _code_.  It is used by someone else
> > too, and having two different freezers in the tree would be _insane_,
> > because too many things depend on that.  This would be like having two
> > different memory management systems, but at a smaller scale.
>
> Please don't start doing what Pavel does, imputing to me motives and ideas
> that are clearly false. You know that I don't want to have two freezer
> implementations - I've never suggested the idea or even thought of it until
> you suggested it.

I was only trying to explain what I meant in (1).  Please don't take it
personally, I'm doing my best to make technical points only.

> My desire all along has been to improve what's already
> there, and I still want to do that.

Same here.

> I'm sorry that I'm not submitting and resubmitting things as fast as you'd
> like. Please try to remember that I'm not a full time programmer. I'm working
> for Redhat one day a week and the congregation I serve four days a week.

I'm not a full time programmer too.  Now I'm just having some more free
time than usually, that's all.

> Anything I do beyond the one day is purely my time, and I have plenty of
> other things to do too. It's not, therefore, that I want to drag my heels.
> Rather, I simply don't have the time to get things done as quickly as you and
> Pavel seem to be able to.

I didn't mean I'd like you to submit/resubmit things quickly.  You'll submit
them when you're ready, be it in a week or in a month, or later.  It's all up
to you. :-)

Greetings,
Rafael