Re: Remove silly messages from input layer.

On Thu, 4 May 2006, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> Also I don't understand what people have against this message, it's at
> KERN_DEBUG level after all.

I often type at the text console; and I like to see KERN_DEBUG messages;
but I do NOT like to see kernel messages telling me I've mistyped - they
don't hurt my pride, but they do mess up my screen.

If I hit a wrong key, it's normal for that wrong key to be echoed, not a
kernel message saying "Are you sure you didn't want to hit another key?".
If I don't hit a key hard enough, it's normal for that key not to be
echoed.  So why, if I happen to hit a combination of keys by mistake,
do I get that wretched "too many keys pressed" message?  The appropriate
response is for what is accepted to be echoed, and that is all.

I keep #ifdef ATKBD_DEBUG around both the messages Dave highlighted
(but I forget when it was that I used to get the second one); the -mm
tree has had the "too many keys" message commented out for many months.

Hugh