Re: Accessing kernel information from a module

You can use kernel probes (kprobe & jprobe) for accessing any
variables in the kernel. But ofcourse, this would be running-kernel
specific.

Link http://www.redhat.com/magazine/005mar05/features/kprobes/

Changing the kernel parameters is gonna be a very dangerous act,
unless you are sure of what you are doing.

-- Sumit