Re: [Bug? Report] kref problem

Greg KH wrote:
So, you should still use the driver core for virtual devices (we have
lots of virtual devices in the driver model today.)

Why are you not using it?  What kind of device do you have?  Why does it
not fit into any existing device model (platform, system, etc)?

Actually I tried to use this model first. I hit on problems with and you said that I should avoid using the device model.

Unfortunately I cannot so far say what I'm writing. The below is a cite from my old mail which illustrates the sort of my device:

"In connection with this, I have a question. There is a whole bunch of
drivers which do not directly relate to hardware devices, but which
still want to expose their parameters via sysfs. For example, this could
be a filesystem, LVM, a compression layer on top of a file system of a
block device, whatever. These are "virtual" devices and they are not
physically connected to any bus. How should they deal with sysfs?"

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityutskiy,