Re: [Bug? Report] kref problem

Greg KH wrote:
Don't statically create kobjects, it's not nice.  But the real problem
is below...

Well, that was just an example...

But in real life I do use a static kobject in one case, so I'm very interested what should I do instead. I have a subsystem, and I want it to put all its stuff in a /sys/A directory. So I just define a static kobject for A and assign a dummy release function to it. Why is this bad?

And what should I do instead? kmalloc(sizeof(struct kobject), GFP_KERNEL) ? I do not have a dynamic structure corresponding to my module. I have many data structures corresponding to entities my object handles and I have one static array which refers them. All is simple. I do not want to introduce a dynamic data structure corresponding to the subsystem as a whole just in order to not use static kobjects.

Comments?

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityutskiy,