Re: [Suspend2-announce] Nigel's work and the future of Suspend2.

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 13:25 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Út 07-03-06 14:14:00, Thomas Maier wrote:
> > Hi Nigel,
> >
> > congratulations and all the best, although this sounds like a sad
> > goodbye and resignation.  I always hoped for inclusion in mainline and
> > followed the "discussions" on lkml, although Pavel never made an effort
> > to hide his ignorant arrogance.
>
> At least you can't say I was dishonest :-/.
>
> > Mainline swsusp never worked for me and
> > so with you leaving I am tempted to leave Linux behind after more than
> > ten years and switch to that other OS that at least has working suspend
> > and resume.
didnt work on my laptop either, or one of my friends where i tried..
however, swsusp2 does..

> Your choice... But it would be more productive to read the docs, go to
> the latest kernel, and if it does not work there, file
> bugzilla.kernel.org report.
yeah well.. IMO merging suspend2 is more productive, as i see it, it has
no downsides as to software suspend as of now, except IA64 support, and
it has ALOT of upsides.