Re: [OT] inotify hack for locate

On 3/7/06, Steven Rostedt <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hmm, this could also be very useful for change management systems and
> especially backup utilities. Imagine having a daemon that records all the
> changes on a filesystem, and then backs them up periodically. Could very
> well be useful.

Some people have already done similar things with FUSE based
filesystems but my point is that there's nothing cool and useful in
mainline to do what I personally want :-) Anyway, I was catching up
with an old friend as part of this thread and we'll spend some time
over at LinuxWorld Boston hacking on some ideas. Then I'll see what's
worth doing.

Jon.