Re: Which is simpler? (Was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.)

Hi.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 05:24:18AM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 11:15 +0100, Matthias Hensler wrote:
> > Isn't this what happend with swusp? I tried it of a period of time
> > when it was included in mainline, it was just buggy and nothing much
> > improved.
>
> And you never explained why you can't try a recent version...

I said I surely will :-)

However, there wasn't a recent version until a short time before. I just
did what you do in situations where you need a working solution: you
stick to the most promising thing. While swsusp looked abandoned there
was a huge work going on with Suspend 2.

As work started again on swsusp recently I will try that, but from what
I have read so far it looks like swsusp is scheduled to become
deprecated anyway and work will be put into uswsusp. That is all I
complain about, it means throwing away everything that is working, or
easy to get it working, and delaying working hibernate support for
another time.

Regards,
Matthias