Re: 2.6.16-rc3: more regressions

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> So I decided to just remove it. Even if there is some other bug that could
> make it work again, we can always just re-add it at that time. In the
> meantime, this should fix both DaveJs and Mauros problems, and is clearly
> no worse than 2.6.15 (which also didn't recognize the card), so...

Btw, on a totally unrelated tangent, I just wanted to say how much I
appreciate people looking for regressions like this, and trying to track
them. Andrew does it, but this is absolutely something that should be
possible to get more people to do, and it would be a huge boon for kernel
development if we had a more aggressive regression tracking system.

Right now it all very easily gets lost in the noise - either on the
mailing list or even on bugzilla (where following up on regressions and
trying to get details and prodding people to perhaps try to narrow things
down a bit more often ends up falling on the floor, because it's a big
job).

			Linus