Re: 2.6.16-rc3: more regressions

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> DaveA, I'll apply this for now. Comments?

Btw, the fact that Mauro has the same exact PCI ID (well, lspci stupidly
suppresses the ID entirely, but the string seems to match the one that
Dave Jones reports) may be unrelated.

DaveJ (or Mauro): since you can test this, can you test having that ID
there but _without_ the other changes to drm in -rc1?

Ie was it the addition of that particular ID, or are the other radeon
driver changes (which haven't had as much testing) perhaps the culprit?

I realize that without the ID, that card would never have been tested
anyway, but the point being that plain 2.6.15 with _just_ that ID added
has at least gotten more testing on other (similar) chips. So before I
revert that particular ID, it would be nice to know that it was broken
even with the previous radeon driver state.

		Linus