Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-02-13:

> Martin Mares <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > > If there is no interest to fox well known bugs in Linux, I would need to warn
> > > people from using Linux.
> >
> > Except for mentioning some DMA related problems at the beginning of this
> > monstrous thread, you haven't shown anything which even remotely qualifies
> > as a bug.
>
> If you forget these things, then please forget about this thread.
>
> I mentioned:
>
> -	ide-scsi does not do DMA correctly

Apparently no-one bothers to fix this with ide-cd supporting SG_IO, and
nobody produced any use case for other ide-*.c devices.

You'll either have to fix this yourself or wait until the day the cows
coime home.

> -	SCSI commands are bastardized on ATAPI

You were asked for a proof but didn't provide one. If you think
otherwise, post URL or Message-ID. We're all sooooooooooooooo terrible
forgetful we don't recall your reports from 2001.

--
Matthias Andree