Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:29:02 +0100
Joerg Schilling <[email protected]> wrote:

> When looking at the current discussion, it seems to me that most people
> here are still not interested in a fix.

Most people don't see a problem to fix.   Your arguments have been roundly
refuted.   On top of which, cdrecord works on Linux just fine already when
you pass the device node on the command line.   There just isn't much
motivation to pursue a fix for some theoretical problem that doesn't affect
real users in practice.  Since you are the only one who sees this as a huge
problem you should invest in providing a patch that can be reviewed for
inclusion.

Sean