Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

Sam Vilain <[email protected]> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >>    My system is clueless, too! If I write a CD before plugging my
> >>USB storage device, my CD writer is on 0,0,0. If I plug my USB
> >>storage device *before* doing any access, my cdwriter is on 1,0,0.
> >>Pretty stable.
> > You are referring to a conceptional problem in the Linux kernel.
> > If you are unhappy with this, send a bug report to the related
> > people.
> > This does not belong to libscg.
>
> Jörg,
>
> Technically, you may have a point[*1*].
>
> However, no matter how correct someone is, if they act like a complete
> dork, they're not going to be listened to.

This is why I have less and less intrest in listening to most of the
people who are around here.

They are either technically uninformed, personal offensive or obviously
not interested in a solution.

> This is a shame, because you appear to have some good experience to
> relate.  If only you could keep your social interaction problems in
> check, you might be able to harbour and attract less hate, and perhaps
> even get some of your suggestions implemented.

Well, once the people here express real interest, things may change.

As for now, it looks like I may make the following conclusions:

-	Linux was helpful and interesting between 1996 and ~ 2001

-	Since ~ 2001, Linux seems to be bejond it's climax as I cannot
	see any intrest in even fixing obvious bugs known for a long time.

When looking at the current discussion, it seems to me that most people
here are still not interested in a fix.

Jörg

--
 EMail:[email protected] (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       [email protected]                (uni)